Thursday, June 19, 2008

Hey all! Spencer just got transefered this week WOW! he says thanks so much for your comments, and he will try and write more personal things soon! and that YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST! this is just a random pic, if you ask me i think that this is his favorite tie because he wears it a lot! (: i always ask spence questions, so i posted his answers below.. it is fun to read about what he is doing! well i love ya! look for more next week!

Q: what was your last baptism like?A: the last one was so good. we completed a family. this boy was not going to get baptised and his dad wasn't going to let him. but we taought them that it is better to walk in the light then alongside it.

Q: who is your companion...isn't it transfers?A: my companion was elder baty. the best companion i have ever had or will ever have. he is the best i am a better man and person because of his example. my new comp is elder stone. i know him and he is really awesome. i know that we are going to work hard.

Q: Where exactly are you?A: i am going to be in this place called San Pedro de Jujuy. it is in the northern part of aregentina. and it is the coldest place in the winter. oh yeah i am so exited. i love the cold.

Q: do you have a car?A: pish!!!! NO!!!

Q: what is your favorite hymn?A: Lead Kindy Light. or DIvina Luz in spanish.

Q: how have you seen hymns bring the spirit?A: No one can sind really well. and the branch that i am in just loves to hear me sing. and that is a good thing because i love to sing. we were out looking for less actives and we found this old elders quorum president. we just shared a short message and the i sang a hymn for him. (a poor wayfary man of grief)( that might be how you spell that in english.) and the next day he was in church. he has been inactive for years. he thanked me for the hymn and i know that through those sacred words and music a mans life was changed forever.

Q: Have you ever just randomly sang songs when people let you in their house?A: Yes my comp always says, "hey would you like to hear my comp sing?" people love music but are not singer so they always say yes.

Q: what gospel priciple are you studying this week?A: Humility. i love it. i feel the spirit more when i humble myself. it is probably one of the hardest christ like attributes.

6 comments:

Bon said...

Hey Spenc- keep up the good work! It is awesome that you made the choice to serve! You will never regret it and have so many wonderful things to share for the rest of your life!! We are all so proud of you~

Bonnie JO

Becca said...

Spencer, I love reading about your mission! You DO like that tie, doncha?

I'm glad you're not afraid to sing to share the spirit--you need to thank your parents for having such a musical home!

Keep up the good work!

Amy said...

Spence that is the ugliest tie and that is probably why it is your favorite. I noticed in another picture you let your comp where that tie.

Roylance Rec. Center said...

Hey Spenc...It's Ali I have had you mailing addy and I still haven't mailed you anything and I saw this blog...so I thought I best write you a little ditty! I hope all is well in the world of Missionaries and that you are having a great time. i love you Cuz.
Love Ali

Jenny said...

Long time. I just saw Jennifer this weekend and she told me she keeps your blog up and running. I'm glad to see you're doing well. Keep up the good work. I'll be checking back soon.
The hymns helped me a lot while I was a missionary. Koreans love to sing, but they loved it when the missionaries would sing to them.

Half Blind said...

Spencoooo or should i say Nachoooo!
looks like things are good down in the southern hemisphere. Love all your pics brother and remember somtimes you have to wear your stretchy pants.