Monday, June 9, 2008

this weeks update! (:



Hey all! spence is doing so great! these are just a few questions that i had for him... he's so good to answer them. you should post any questions that you have, he loves to answer them! (: he sends his love and misses you all! also, thanks to those who are posting! lets keep it up! he really loves the comments!


Q: so... what is your fav scripture this week?

A: yes actually i do. it is alma 34:32. It is really good. It talks about how today is the day of our salvation. I have just learned that we never know when we are going to be done. So we just have to work hard every single day. You know. Try and just do our best.


Q: how has your testimony grown in your work?

A: well I have really come to realize that we are truly gods children. Like our parents he wants the best for us. He I there all of the time to help us. That is such a blessing. I know that I have taken it for granted. i love my heavenly father.


Q: where do you find the most joy?

A: I find joy in knowing that I have a forever family. And that they will always be there for me. It also brings me joy to know that one day I will live with my heavenly father again.


Q: do they have cold cereal there? if yes.. what do you like?

A: Yes they do. There really isn’t that good of argentine cereal but they have a little bit of America. Trix, cookie crisps, frosted flakes. So yeah I like those but I like this argentine one called copas de maiz.


Q: do you like kool-aid?

A: did you really have to ask that. Of course I like kool-aid. You should send me some. I prefer grape and tropical punch.


Q: what have you learned about the atonement? You said that the talk your mission pres gave was amazing.. What are some of the things that you learned?


A: I have learned so many things about the atonement I would need a whole paper to tell you what I have learned. But to make it really simple. The atonement brings us eternal joy and happiness.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Spenc
I love you tonz and am glad to see how much you enjoyed that mountain dew. How did you get that by the way???

The Cat said...

Howdy Elder Spencer. I'm not sure about this blog stuff. I had an entire cool message all typed out and then couldn't remember my password and lost the whole stinking thing... I only feel old trying to use this! :) But hey - Kristie just turned 40 yesterday! How 'bout those potatoes? I wish I were on a mission though - I would love it I'm sure! (I know, I know - we're all missionaries...) And I'm with Amy on this - did you put that picture in here to get a rise out of me??? What's up with that? I know when Kristie worked at the Maverick and missionaries bought caffiene drinks some times they were chewed out by members :) As for you - kick the addict! That what's I say (don't worry about what I do...) Well keep giving the Work all you got - when it's over - and it will be over before you know it - you'll want the satifaction of knowing you gave it all you had. You left it all in Argentina. It will be similar to Abraham, where he found out who he was when given such a hard commandment. In the end he was hugely blessed, but he really found out what kind of a man he was!
Love ya and miss ya,
Uncle Steve

Kris said...

Spenc.. Hey there handsome! I'm so glad Jen set you up a blog. I love being updated on your happinings and seeing all your fun photos. Thanks so much for your testimony in your answers! How are the cultural differences working for you? We keep you in our prayers and wish the very best for you. The church is ture. Love ya!

BTW.. I'm so jealous that you have a blog and Steve is one of the first people to post on it and he's never even looked at mine. hee, hee

jenn said...

steve... i'm pretty sure if you can look closely at the Dew... he is not really drinking it! it was a funny picture! (:

three girls and a guy said...

WE LOVE YOU! WE MISS YOU! HAPPY TO HEAR THAT YOU ARE ENJOYING YOUR WORK. LOVE YA ECHO